Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Things That Own You

things that own youMany of my friends are envious of my lifestyle. They want to travel the world as I do, and come and go as they please with few or no responsibilities.
When they ask me how to do it the first thing I say is to get rid of your possessions. They own you and not the other way around.
The more things you own the fewer lifestyle options you have.
Possessions take time, money and effort to maintain. The more things you own the fewer lifestyle options you have.
If you have a family you probably need a house. If you have a job you probably need a car. But those things also tie you down and limit your options.
Unless you have lots of money and can hire someone to manage your things, you have to get rid of them to free up your lifestyle.
If that’s what you really want. It’s all a matter of priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment